6 November 2023
- Player Interest Meeting – 15 November 2023 at 4:30 PM in GFHS cafeteria.
1 November 2023
- TRYOUTS – 2024 Season tryouts are scheduled for 02/19/2024 – 02/23/2024 – 4:15 pm – 6:00 pm
5 June 2023
- Region 6A All Team Selections:
- First Team
- Jesse Vargas
- Second Team
- Jacob Greene
- Wyatt Fontaine
- Luke Shearer
- At Large Selections
- Ben Mercer
- Brady Wieck
- First Team
26 May 2023
Signing day at Grassfield High School. Photos.
3 May 2023
As the end of our season approaches, we are excited to celebrate our senior athletes at our May 11 home game. We are looking for volunteers to help Alison Mercer, the lead in planning our senior night for the varsity soccer players. This is a special night where we honor our seniors for their hard work, dedication, and contributions to the team.
Alison will be overseeing various tasks such as decorating the field, setting up a table for the players’ pictures and flowers, coordinating the halftime ceremony, and ensuring everything runs smoothly throughout the event. We welcome any and all help from our soccer community.
If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions, please contact Alison Mercer at 757-621-7855. We appreciate your support and look forward to making this a memorable night for our seniors.
25 April 2023
Grassfield High will host sports physicals Monday (5-1-23) at 4 p.m. Registration will begin in the cafeteria. The cost of each physical is $25 (cash or check made out to Grassfield HS). These physicals will be valid for the 2023-2024 school year. Middle schoolers are invited as well. Athletes should arrive with page 2/History portion and all required signatures lines completed.
Please arrive as close to 4 p.m. or earlier as possible.
22 April 2023
2023 Seniors Player Bio
Attention Senior Boys: Don’t Miss the Deadline! Complete Your Player Bio Form by May 7th, 2023. Click here for the form.
18 April 2023
Sports Physicals – Monday, May 1st – 4:00 p.m.
Sports physicals for the 2023-2024 school year will be given on Monday, May 1st beginning at 4 p.m. Registration begins in the cafeteria. The cost is $25 per physical. Those participating must bring a VHSL physical form with the “History”(page 2) and all parent signatures completed. VHSL physical forms can be downloaded off the Grassfield High School website (athletics) or from VHSL.org. Middle schoolers are welcome. This physical will cover all athletes for the 2023-2024 school year.
“Commitment/Signing Day” – Wednesday, May 24th – 4:30 p.m.
Grassfield High School will host a “commitment/signing day” for all Grassfield High School senior athletes who participated in VHSL sports for Grassfield High School and have committed to playing that sport in college next year. The tentative location for this event is the auditorium. Athletes can get detailed information and sign up to be a part of this event by contacting their head varsity coach.
Spring Sports Recognition Ceremony – Wednesday, June 7th – 7:00 p.m.
All spring sports athletes that finish their season in good standing are invited to the Spring Sports Recognition Ceremony along with their family on Wednesday, June 7th at 7:00 p.m. here at Grassfield High School. Letters, pins, and awards will be given out at this event. Appropriate attire is requested.
7 April 2023
For those ordering pictures online, the full codes have been established. Go to www.candidcolor.net and use below codes to make your orders:
- JV Girls – GFHSM23-jvgsoc
- JV Boys – GFHSM23-jvbsoc
- Varsity Girls – GFHSM23-vgsoc
- Varsity Boys – GFHSM23-vbsoc
20 March 2023
For those ordering pictures online, the full code will appear once the images have been posted. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for the images to be uploaded to the vendor site. See below for ordering process.
13 March 2023
- If you are going to the Cox game tomorrow, you must purchase a ticket. Buying a ticket is a requirement for all VB Matches – ticket’s are all on gofan.co – They do not accept cash at the gate.
Pictures Ordering Process
- Candid Color Photography posts all sports individual and team images on our website. Only those athletes that take a picture with the photographer will have an image available for viewing and purchase. Below are the three ordering options:
- Prepay ONLINE at www.candidcolor.net…
- Click Sports Portraits
- Enter SMPREPAY
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Return the order form and online order receipt to the photographer.
- Note: Prepay is only available BEFORE the school’s scheduled picture day. Those that use it after picture day will see delays with their order.
- Prepay at the camera…
- You should have received paper order forms via courier or UPS. Coaches should distribute these to all athletes.
- Athletes will follow the instructions on the order form.
- Order forms with payment should be returned to the photographer.
- On Picture Day…
- We request all athletes participate so we take a picture of every subject. Please make sure your coaches alert athletes to attend and take a picture. Athletes that do not take a picture will not have an image for parents to purchase.
- After Picture Day…
- Pictures will be available to purchase online for those that did not order in advance. Allow about four weeks after photo day to be posted.
- To order AFTER PICTURES HAVE BEEN TAKEN…
- Go to www.candidcolor.net
- Click on Sports Portraits
- Enter your Access Code: GFHSM23
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order your team and/or individual photos.
- Prepay ONLINE at www.candidcolor.net…
9 March 2023
- Sign-up for concession stand volunteers currently opened. Please sign-up to volunteer here.
- A Parents Transportation Slip is needed for those players that do not choose to ride the school bus back to Grassfield HS after away game. Download the form here.
8 March 2023
Shop the Grassfield Women’s Soccer Team Apparel Store!
Hurry, shops closes 03/15/2023.
7 March 2023
- Varsity Boys scheduled for Friday the 10th of March has been moved from Grassfield to an away game at Princess Anne High School
- Team Store is closed. Thank you for supporting the program.
1 March 2023
Team Dinners Sign-up – Please use below link/QR code to sign-up and host a team dinner.
24 February 2023
Extended to March 6th.
Shop the Grassfield Men’s Soccer Team Apparel Store!
Hurry, shops closes 03/6/2023.
23 February 2023
- Tryouts were finalized today. To the players that made it, congratulations and welcome to the team. To the rest of the players, the coaches would like to express their heartfelt gratitude for participating and extend a warm invitation to join us again next year. Stay strong, stay positive and never give up.
18 February 2023
- TRYOUTS – 2023 Season tryouts are scheduled for 02/20/2023 – 02/24/2023 – 4:15 pm – 6:00 pm
18 August 2022
- Obtain Student and Parent Passes for the 2022-2023 school year.
The student passes are ONLY $20 and the parent passes are ONLY $40!!Steps:1. Go to GoFan.co (not .com)2. Type in Chesapeake Public Schools (you are purchasing from CPS, not Grassfield HS)3. Choose Student or Parent Pass*NOTE: Passes are good for all Chesapeake City regular-season sports events at the high school and middle school levels. They are good for the entire year, not just a season. They cannot be used for region and state playoffs or when Chesapeake teams are competing in other cities.ORUse this link:
1 August 2022
- Parents/players will be able to purchase individual sports pictures online. Check out the Grassfield High School Athletics website for more information.
20 July 2022
- Walk-In Sports Physicals at Patient First: no appointment just walk in – open from 8am to 10pm, 365 days a year
17 July 2022
- VYSA Technical Director is coming down to do a seminar using Grassfield boys JV and Varsity players for the session on 20 July 2022 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at Cornland Park – 2908 Benefit Rd, Chesapeake VA 23322
2022 Alumni Game scheduled for 5:45 PM on 23 July 2022 at Cornland Park – 2908 Benefit Rd, Chesapeake VA 23322
14 July 2022
- Check out the attached updated 2022-2023 brochures for Student Accidental Supplemental Insurance.
– Form in English
– Form in Spanish
11 May 2022
- All Senior Grassfield Varsity Boys players are required to complete the Senior Night Input form no later than 15 May 2022. Seniors, this is not a request it’s a requirement.
7 May 2022
- Sports Physicals will take place at Grassfield High School on Monday May 23rd beginning in the cafeteria at 4:00 PM. The cost of the physical is $25.00. Page 2 of the physical (history) and all parental signatures must be completed before the doctor will see the athlete. Physicals form can be found here or at www.vhsl.org. All athletes are invited as this physical will be good for the 2022-2023 school year. Middle school athletes are invited as well.
22 March 2022
13 March 2022
2022 Season Game schedules
7 March 2022
Please review the available slots and sign up to volunteer to work concessions. We’ve listed the times of the games, team, and opponents for the game. For maximum flexibility on when you’d like to work, we’ve listed the game, team, and opponents for the games. Feel free to sign up for times before, after, or during your player’s games.
The times listed are published game start times. Please plan to arrive 15-30 mins in advance of your scheduled time for turnover and work period preparations.
“You” are the reason why the Grassfield Soccer program is such a success. We thank you in advance, for your participation.Please sign-up here.
4 March 2022
- Team Dinner Sign-up sheet
- 2022 Team Gear
3 February 2022
20 November 2021
Athlete COVID-19 Testing
Chesapeake Public Schools (CPS) will test all athletes weekly unless proof of a COVID-19 vaccination is provided. This practice will apply to all student athletes participating in all winter and spring VHSL and CMSL sports for the remainder of the 2021-22 school year.
Testing will be required for unvaccinated athletes and a signed parent consent form will be kept on file. Parents should complete the consent form to allow their student to participate in the program and to receive free COVID-19 testing. Please send completed consent forms to the school nurse.
11 November 2021
- Conditioning days are going to be Tuesday and Thursdays starting on Nov 30, time 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm. There will be no conditioning during winter break and conditioning will end Feb 10.
- Tryouts will be on Feb 14-18
07 November 2021
- Grassfield High School Men’s Soccer Interest Meeting at Grassfield High School Cafeteria, Thursday November 18, 2021 at 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
03 November 2021
- Students may provide proof of their vaccination by submitting a copy of their vaccination card to the school health advisor. Proof of the card may be submitted by a hard copy or picture on their cellular device.
25 October 2021
Sports Physicals will take place at Grassfield High School this coming Tuesday (26 October 2021) at 4:00 p.m. beginning in the cafeteria. The cost of the physical is $25 cash. Physical forms can be picked up in the main office or downloaded off the school website. The physical form must be signed by a parent and section/page 2 must be completed prior to the physical. All students interested in trying out for winter sports who do not have an updated physical form currently on file are encouraged to attend.
28 April 2021
27 April 2021
15 January 2021
05 July 2020
- Virginia High School Tournament 10 – 13 July, 2020
- RULES of COMPLEX ENTRY to be eligible:1. Do not wear school uniforms or things affiliated with your school2. If asked to speak to media – please refrain from using your school name or mention of itRULES of the COMPLEX – for teams attending:
- We will issue a field map for parking purposes – please park in designated areas for your fields
- Only players/coaches and team staff will be allowed down on the fields – all spectators will have to stay in spectator areas.
- All players, coaches, refs and team staff will have temperature checks before entering the field areas – if it is 100.4 or greater they will be ineligible to play:
- Temperature checks will be performed each day or anytime anyone enters or leaves the field areas
- We will make this clear on the complex map
- We will have water breaks at 20 min of each half – 2 min in duration
- Players and staff on the bench – must be socially distanced and spaced out accordingly on the sidelines
- No celebrations, handshakes, high fives etc.
- Teams are asked to leave the complex after their matches – not stay at the complex
- Anyone not feeling well – parents, players or staff should not attend
- Strongly recommended that coaches, staff wear masks around the players and while coaching
24 April 2020
- 2020 Senior Soccer Showcase.
- On June 6/17 o 6/21 at HRSC there be a Soccer Showcase to Honor Graduating Seniors. The cost will be in the neighborhood $30-$40 per player.
- If you are interested, please signup here.
13 March 2020
As of Saturday, March 14, 2020 – ALL after school activities, athletics, and school events will be CANCELLED until further notice.
All after school events and extracurricular activities beyond the instructional day will be suspended until further notice.
This includes all games, scrimmages, and practices.
12 March 2020
- Press Box volunteers needed: Grassfield Boys Soccer is looking for volunteers to help Mr. Jack Parsons manage the press box duties. If interested, please sign up here.
10 March 2020
- Parents Transportation Slip – needed for those players that do not choose to ride the school bus back to Grassfield HS after away games.
06 March 2020
29 February 2020
- Parent meeting for both JV and Varsity has been scheduled for 2 March at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be at Grassfield HS rooms 114 and 115.
28 February 2020
16 October 2019
17 May 2019
- 2019 Grassfield High School Youth Soccer Camp – this camp is to develop each athlete’s skills and knowledge of the game. Focus will be placed on individual skills work and an exploration of tactical elements such as off the ball movement and offensive and defensive decision making. Scrimmages will be a regular part of `session. Ages: 4th grade – Rising 8th grade. Signup sheet and more information found here
16 April 2019
12 March 2019
4 March 2019
2019 Team Fun Gear merchandise catalog and order form.
27 February 2019
24 January 2019
- Informational Meeting for Boys Soccer Tryouts will be held on Monday, February 11th at Grassfield HS, 7:00pm, in the Forum
- 2019 Tryout schedule is here.
10 January 2019
- Game schedules for JV and Varsity posted
10 October 2018
- The 2019 Season conditioning program will start with a meeting on November 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM in the Forum at Grassfield High School.
28 May 2018
- This year’s Grassfield summer soccer camp will be June 18-21, 8:30am – 1200pm. Volunteers needed and each volunteer qualifies for 20 hours of community service.Volunteers sign-up here and/or contact Coach Jones at:
24 May 2018
- Did you miss the game or the goals from Grassfield vs Western Branch 2018Region 6A Quarter Finals or you want to see them again? Well, we have you covered. Click here to watch.
23 May 2018
- On 2 June 2018 the Grassfield Soccer Program will host the 2018 Alumni Game. The Alumni Game will start at 5:30 PM followed by yard games and potluck food. So come join us for a fun game and great food. Click here to sign-up and be a part of the fun.
20 May 2018
- 2018 VHSL Playoff Brackets
- NESI “Elite” Summer Training Program – Grizzlies, this training program seems to offer some excellent training, and unlike most summer camps, this one requires a tryout to attend. To read more on this event visit their website at http://newerasoccerinstitute.com/
02 May 2018
- A great insight to the importance of the first touch from Christian Pulisic, a 19 year player for USMNT and Borussia Dortmund.
- In a game situation, the first touch is never an end in itself. “As you get older, it’s about the movements,” Pulisic says. “It’s knowing which direction to take your first touch, and not just receiving it. A lot of times it’s not about stopping the ball under your foot and not having any options after that. It’s putting yourself in a good position for what you want to do with it.”
30 April 2018
- Congratulations to Sam Dioneda, winner of the Grizzly Sportsmanship, Ethics and Integrity Award.
16 April 2018
- Grassfield Grizzlies move up one spot to #2 on Pilotonline’s South Hampton Roads Boys Top 10.
10 April 2018
- Applebee’s fundraiser.
- The varsity players will be serving breakfast to anyone we can sell a ticket to.
- The event will be on Saturday April 21, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Cost per ticket is $10.
- Tickets can be purchased from any varsity player.
- It will be served at:
- 612 Grassfield Pkwy, Chesapeake, VA 23322
- The varsity players will be serving breakfast to anyone we can sell a ticket to.
21 March 2018
- Fundraiser for parents and players (and others we can gather). We will be volunteering down at the ocean front, helping organize and facilitate a 5K that Waterman’s is putting on for 7 April, 2018. We will earn $8 per student/per hour and we will earn $12 per adult/per hour. Roughly a 3-4 hour commitment. Sign-up here.
13 March 2018
12 March 2018
- Team dinners sign-up sheet is now available to any team parent that would like to host the team the night before games. Please be prepared for 45 crazy teenagers and a couple of coaches. A carb-heavy diet (like pasta) is encouraged to get our athletes ready for each big game. Water or Gatorade/PowerAde to drink would be great. You are encouraged to co-host a dinner to manage cost/clean-up, etc! Plan to see players arriving around 6:00-6:15. We will probably plan for just one dinner a week…so grab an available date and we will see you soon! Thank you so much!! You are the best parents in the State!If you can host: please sign-up below or email/call Coach Kalder and he will add your name to the list.Sign-up sheet.
9 March 2018
- Grizzly soccer is proud to announce that Jim Nogle has graciously accepted the role of Varsity and JV game reporter. Please look for Jim’s game reports under the Varsity and JV pages.
23 May 2017
- Grassfield Soccer 2017 Alumni Soccer-Golf, Game and Potluck on June 3rd and 4th. Click here to sign-up and be a part of the fun.
4 April 2017
29 March 2017
25 March 2017 – Applebees Breakfast Fundraiser
- Thank you all the participated in this fundraiser that raised $900.00 for the Grizzlies soccer program.
- Please check here for pictures from the event.
15 March 2017 – 2017 Team Gear
14 March 2017 – Pilotonline 2017 757Teamz boys soccer preview
- Grassfield Grizzlies start 2017 pre ranked at number 6.
9 December 2016 – 2017 Games Schedule
12 April 2016 – Pilotonline Spring Sports Buzz
09 April 2016 – Grassfield teammates are like brothers
07 April 2016 – Grassfield students
06 April 2016 – Spring service/pep rally
- The years spring service/pep rally will take place next Wednesday, April 13th during first block. Click here for more info.
16 March 2016 – Pilotonline’s 2016 Preview
- The Grizzlies start the 2016 Season as the 3rd ranked team in the area. Check out Pilotonline for more info.
03 March 2016 – Grizzlies soccer gear
- Orders are now accepted. Buy your GHS Soccer Gear now. For more info visit our Events or click here.
27 February 2016 – Tryouts
- Thank you and congratulations to all the players who tried out for the Grassfield Varsity and JV soccer teams.
02 February 2016 – Players Letter of Intent Signing
- The Grizzlies will honor Chase Quinn with Letter of Intent Signing event, Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 4:10 PM at the Grassfield High School Forum.
27 January 2016 – Fundraiser
- The Grizzlies are selling advertisement space in the program to local businesses. Ads sold by a Men’s Soccer player or parent will go to the Men’s team. Additionally, parents can contribute by purchasing an ad for their son or a group photo by class, example a photo of all Seniors, 8th graders etc. to be included in the program.
Please assist our team in selling ads to local businesses.
Download the ad sales form here.